University Health Services
Work interdependently with physicians, other nurse practitioners, nurses, and health assistants supporting the delivery of care including health maintenance and episodic care to the student, staff, faculty, and their dependents.
W0758P HLT Nurse Practitioner IV
Harvard University Health Services is part of the dynamic and vibrant academic community of Harvard University. Working as part of a dynamic and collaborative multidisciplinary team, the Nurse Practitioner for Primary Care provides preventive, episodic, and ongoing health care to the Longwood community of Harvard University including students, faculty, staff, and families from Harvard Medical School, Harvard Dental School, and the T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of patients as well as education, referral, and other related services such as immunizations and travel consultations. As part of a team, the Nurse Practitioner works closely with others to participate in lean quality improvement processes and serves as a resource and role model for others on the team.
Typical Core Duties
- Responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment and follow up of common urgent care illnesses and injuries
- Facilitate patient's transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patient
- Develop and implement a plan of care, including treatments and medications
- Analyze patient's response to treatment plan and revise plan if necessary
- Provide patients with prescriptions and referrals as appropriate
- Provide travel health consultation, immunizations, and related services
- Educate patients about preventative care and prescribed treatments
- Ensure compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations
- Master's degree
- Graduate of accredited nursing program
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant work experience
Previous experience in a primary care setting. Experience in episodic care. State and Federal DEA required.
USA - MA - Boston
Medical Area Clinic
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Criminal, Education, Identity, License/Cert.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:Masters Degree - MA
Employment/Position Type:Part Time
Share On :