Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources Central Staffing Office - an internal staffing agency- seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to join the ICU Disaster Relief Team.
The address is 612 E. Lamar Blvd. Arlington, TX 76011.
Salary: Set rate of $45.00 per hour
• Full Time: 36 hours per week, Rotating Shifts (mostly nights).
Must have flexibility to float throughout the Metroplex to a minimum of 3 or more Texas Health Resources Hospitals. 1 holiday shift per year is required.
As a Registered Nurse in the Central Staffing Office, this position will exhibit the understanding of basic human needs by demonstrating safe patient care, regular assessment, and maintenance of comfort.
The essential job duties of this position are:
• Complete accurate documentation in the electronic health record.
• Complete assessments accurately and in a timely manner.
• Individualize care plans specific to the needs of the patient.
• Provide consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs.
• Demonstrate knowledge of individual patient's family situation and routines.
• Provide professional behaviors that help patients and families understand how to confront, learn about, and think about their health and illness; involves a reciprocal, shared approach with resulting decisions acceptable to involved parties.
• Use hand off communication tool and/or processes appropriately for any change in caregivers across shifts and departments.
• Adapt to changes in workload by demonstrating flexibility related to patient needs, staffing and patient acuity.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate's Degree in Nursing, completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption required upon hire.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred upon hire.
• Other - CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency required.
• 3 years of RN experience with one year in the last three years as a clinical nurse in ICU required.
• RN - Registered Nurse required upon hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support required. Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred.
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support prior to clinical work performed required within 30 Days.
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training required within 60 days.
• NIHSS - National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification prior to clinical work performed required within 30 days.
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 (#15) (6th year in a row)
• 2020 Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1)
• Best Workplaces for Millennials for 2019 by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 "Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health
• 2019 "Best Workplaces for Women" by Great Place to Work®
• 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association
• 2019 HealthCare's Most Wired by CHIME and Modern Healthcare
Preferred Years Of Experience:3 Year(s)
Education Required:2 Year Degree - AA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :